Management Consultant (Data)
Location: Great offices in Canberra and Sydney, or where you are!
We’re looking for a Management Consultant (Data) who loves analysing data and finding insights that empower clients to drive change and make an impact.
At Smarterknowledge we work across government and higher education to deliver innovative solutions that are built on knowledge. Our team is small and dynamic offering exposure to all aspects of management consultancy services, as well as product development in a start-up environment.
Working and growing with the team, your love of all things ‘data’ will help take existing products and services to the next level.
The types of things you will do:
- collect and analyse structured data and unstructured information
- create data architectures and models, and manage quality
- develop reports and data visualisations (e.g. interactive 3D maps) that communicate insights and opportunities for clients
- create strategic decision-support tools that define metrics and measures
- design and develop databases and taxonomies
- plan, manage and evaluate client projects.
Some of the tools and technologies you will use:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power BI
- Dax, M
- Power Query / Power Pivot
- Google Maps API
- Geographical Information System tools
- Data models.
Three things you will bring:
- data and computing skills – you know how to analyse data and won’t stop until you have found the most powerful insights for our clients
- client focus – you continuously look for the best ways to present and visualise data and insights so it is easy for clients to understand
- problem solver – you are a self-starter with the curiosity, drive and confidence to continuously experiment with new tools and approaches to solve problems.
Three things you get back:
- fast track your learning and experience – the benefit of being in a smaller firm is you get exposure to everything and are not stuck doing very small parts of very large things.
- dynamic and inclusive team – our team comes from many different backgrounds and experiences and you will learn from them all (check us out here).
- incentives and rewards – not only do we offer an attractive remuneration package, but we believe in rewarding those who put in the extra effort through a bonus and incentive scheme (and we have amazing team lunches!).
How to apply
To apply you need to be an Australian Citizen and send us a:
- short one page statement of why you would be a great fit in our team
- brief resume.
Email your application ASAP! Incomplete applications will not be accepted.